Screen sharing is a feature, not a collaboration service. Skype has left the door open for all its developer partners to continue to build their businesses with Skype embedded into their offering, especially when it comes to fully featured collaboration services. When you come from a technical background it’s easy to confuse features with a […]
Archive | Developers RSS feed for this section
Amidst all the macro economic turmoil of 2008, there are businesses that have stuck to their knitting and had a quite successful year. Pioneer Skype Partner PamConsult recently reported on their 2008 achievements where they have both built out their product line and provided consulting services that have resulted in a stronger development team and […]
Over the past ten years Orlando, FL-based Voxeo Corporation has grown to become one of the largest hosts of enterprise Interactive Voice Response (“IVR”) applications, building not only tools for developing and hosting these applications but also a track record of twenty profitable quarters as a self-financed private company. Historically Voxeo has provided, at no charge, […]
One unique aspect of Skype is its very “fluid” or simple approach to adding a another contact to a Skype call to build a conference call. Select “Add a Caller”, select the contact to be added (or enter a phone number, if on SkypeOut), click “OK” and the caller is added. I find I am […]
Skype’s Halina Mugame, editor of the Skype Developer Program newsletter and weblog, yesterday interviewed OnState CEO Pat Kelly and started her interview, “Less Mess with Unified Messaging“, by referencing Skype Journal’s recent post announcing OnState’s Unified Messaging offering. Questions included: Tell us more about this new product. In comparison with current OnState Call Center solution, […]
OnState Communications have been evolving their Skype-based on-demand call center offering over the past year. Launched a year ago to provide basic voice contact, they added an “open” chat capability last summer. As a result call center agents could communicate with prospective or current customers via Skype, PSTN and/or chat sessions (and could escalate chat […]
While this blog tends to focus on new developments and the role they can play in our future real time conversations, it sometimes pays to look back to see what has been accomplished. For 2007, these are, from my perspective, top ten accomplishments for the Skype ecosystem: 1. eBay CEO Meg Whitman states at an […]
I just spent twenty minutes interviewing Lenn Pryor, Director of Skype’s Developer Platform Business Unit. Lenn joined Skype just over a year ago; that year has provided plenty of opportunity to not only to assess the potential but also to make the changes required to have a successful Developer Platform business. Skype Journal: Lenn, what […]
At a session on business opportunities for the Skype API’s this afternoon. Charles Carleton, CEO of Jyve.com, gave a presentation on the recently launched Jyve Pro service. In the ensuing Q&A he commented on how his business relationship with Skyp. Key elements of Jyve Pro: Jyve Pro allows “experts” to charge for services delivered via […]
eBay Live kicked off this morning with presentations by senior executives of eBay, PayPal and Skype. This is an event that focuses on the key role that developer partners play in the growth of the various eBay properties. A more complete report will follow shortly; however, a couple of points to quickly note: In his […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (https://voiceo...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- Go for it! https://t.co/Zte4xDYu4m 07:21:51 PM February 09, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @JeffreyLuscombe The Leafs have not won the Stanley Cup since Tim Horton left the Leafs after winning four Stanley… https://t.co/sVckRtZqhl 07:19:21 PM February 09, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to JeffreyLuscombe ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @danyork Be careful. Talking on a real phone call will eat up your time! 06:27:30 PM February 06, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to danyork ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Here are the top 10 highest valued #startups in the world (via @ambermac newsletter): https://t.co/m26onQc6dk 08:10:06 PM June 09, 2020 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- There’s a reason he lost the election... https://t.co/1KpIAgsTb0 10:39:18 PM April 14, 2020 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Whoa..... https://t.co/jf45clhRyJ 10:35:03 PM April 14, 2020 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Tweets Available