In today’s office, several items may occupy our physical desktop – a computer display (or two or three) and keyboard, writing tools, a blotter pad, a few books, a papers organizer, a radio and … a communications device (traditionally known as a “phone”). But with today’s Internet-enabled communications it’s feasible to want that communications device […]
Tag Archives | voice call quality
Back in the summer of 2009 I wrote a post, Is WiFi Becoming the Unregulated Stealth Carrier of the Future?, where I covered some of my experiences using WiFi while traveling, especially to European destinations. For ten days in January, 2013 I traveled throughout the Central American country of Costa Rica and decided to use […]
About two weeks ago I reported on participating in the trial of Facebook Messenger’s voice calling service for Canadians who had Messenger 2.1 for iOS on iPhones and iPads. But it was limited to calls between Canadians over WiFi or wireless data plan connections; earlier this week it was expanded into the U.S. When it […]
Following @SkypeSupport on Twitter quickly provides an overview of where users are having issues. One of the most accessible features of Skype for Windows Classic is the ability to monitor audio and video settings directly from the client. Prior to a call you can check out microphone, speakers and webcam from the Call Quality Information […]
This is the second of four posts covering the Skype Shop – an introduction, qualifying products offered, learning about an individual product and, finally, making purchases and follow-up. The first post of this series provided an over view of the Skype Shop (or Skype Store) and how to locate catalogue pages listing categories of accessory […]
Last week Skype announced some changes to their developer program. In that post I mentioned that the only application to date where one could experience SkypeKit Desktop in action was a beta version of Trillian for Windows. Earlier this week Trillian released version 5.1 to the Skype Apps Directory. Trillian aspires to become a single […]
(Note there is a hotfilx upgrade for this version; more information here.) Yesterday afternoon, for the first time, I was able to make a Skype-to-Skype call from my car using Skype for iPhone over a 3G/HSPA+ wireless service and the Bluetooth connection to my car audio system. I held a (legal) hands-free conversation with a […]
Skype for iPad launched two days ago and has become an instant hit at the Apple App Store. In fact, according to AppiAnnie, which tracks sales at online stores, Skype for iPad was #1 download on the Apple App Store in 86 countries on launch day. This lead continued into the next day. This response […]
My initial experience with an FreeTalk product was back in December 2007 when I was provided with the FreeTalk Wireless Stereo Headset – Model 5191. I found I was using it continuously for the next couple of years – I could answer the door when Fedex arrived or let the dog out the back door, […]
Since its release late Saturday, Skype for iPhone 2.0, with its support of calling over 3G carriers and superwideband audio using Skype’s SILK codec, has set the blogosphere awash with two genres of commentary: those who seem to think the end of free Skype calling is approaching as an Armageddon and those who recognize the […]
Get Email Updates (It’s Free!)
Skype Reference Guide
- Skype Features
- Case Studies
- Skype In Business
- Skype for Business
- Hosted Services
- BlackBerry KEYone – An Security Enhanced Android Phone May 31, 2017
- A Tale of Two BlackBerry’s May 31, 2017
- Returning to Blogging May 30, 2017
- Experience Skype to the Max: 2nd Edition March 17, 2015
- BlackBerry Classic–Beyond The Power of the Keyboard Upgraded December 17, 2014
- FREETALK® Everyman USB Headset for Skype: Not “Just Another Headset”! August 14, 2009
- Coming “Real Soon Now”: Skype for iPhone over 3G February 3, 2010
- Skype’s SILK Codec: Working Towards Adoption as a Standard March 11, 2010
- SILK: Skype’s New Audio Codec Sets New Performance Standards for Voice Conversations February 3, 2009
- Skype Everywhere: Nokia and Skype Announce Ongoing Partnership February 17, 2009
- RIM: A Phoenix Emerging from its Ashes | 2 Sides 2 Everything: [...] Courtney writing on his blog (https://voiceo...
- RIM 1 of likely companies to fold next year - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com: [...] however, BB10 is the sign of a rebirth. ...
- “Skype Has Stopped Working”: Another Service Interruption | Voice on the Web: [...] Skype Login Disruption Update: User Friendly...
- Skype With Your Doctor: Risk vs. Reward —C3Social Social Media Consulting Milwaukee & Chicago C3Social: [...] Even with a signed disclaimer for treatment,...
- Whither Skype Extras Today? Withered? | Voice on the Web: [...] the Extras publishers were acquired; for ins...
- Conservatives proving they are losers beyond the election. I want my MP to be able to remain healthy. https://t.co/ll0jD4SCe3 07:13:14 AM October 21, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- ParaOlympics https://t.co/gWBDqIWU8Z 06:54:47 AM October 02, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- @pederson_cole @Mikeggibbs It’s on Walker’s Line north of 403. 12:09:51 PM August 13, 2021 from Twitter for iPad in reply to pederson_cole ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @EricaEhm: To be clear, I trust science. I am 100% grateful for vaccines. To all those trying to attack me and my beliefs, you’re wast… 10:52:16 PM July 25, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @CheriDiNovo: YES July 14: Students should be required to be vaccinated as they always have been for measles etc. The only difference is… 11:19:07 AM July 15, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @BogochIsaac: It is now open season for #COVID19 vaccination in Ontario. Everyone 18+ is eligible to book anywhere in the province. Fa… 07:18:45 AM May 18, 2021 from Twitter for iPad ReplyRetweetFavorite
- No Tweets Available